“Self employed sales resource can drive new business growth more effectively for a vendor starting up in the UK and provide an excellent Return On Investment “…here’s why:
A direct sales employee represents a heavy investment overhead for any company before they even make a sale; ideally no commission should be paid until the salary and other overheads have been covered by sales revenue, however this is generally not the case and any such commission plan would certainly not be welcome by the sales team!
How hungry is a salesman who is paid a nice base salary and has his company car, laptop, phone etc all paid for? How genuine is his sales pipeline?… he has a sales manager to keep happy and sales people are very good at stories. What percentage of his day is spent answering internal emails, “fighting the system”, attending “internal meetings”… or phoning his colleagues to moan about the target, the comm. plan, the management etc?
Or, put another way… how productive is your sales guy?
Now let’s consider an experienced self employed sales resource; he has the following attributes:
- The initiative and self belief to work for himself.
- Payment by results only… no sales, no income and no cost to the vendor.
- He’s a hungry sales person therefore.
- He’s self-motivated and realises that best use of his time is essential; he manages himself and qualifies prospects better as a result.
- He will ask the killer questions upfront, a small well qualified pipeline is much better than a long one full of suspects designed to keep the manager happy.
- He is not involved with company politics and internal meetings, therefore can be far more productive.
There is no doubt about it; an experienced self employed sales resource can drive new business growth more effectively and provide an excellent Return On Investment for companies starting out in the UK, or wishing to expand their business.